Are you looking for a romantic restaurant to enjoy a nice dinner with your partner on your holiday in New York? We are sure you want to impress your partner, so especially for you we created a small list of restaurants that offer a romantic atmosphere together with some amazing food.
We could have listed dozens of good restaurants, but we are guessing you will only stay a midweek or long weekend, so we decided to keep the list small. We really hope you will try out one of these restaurants, for an unforgettable evening of wining and dining (And let them know we sent you ;))! Let us know in the comments if you enjoyed your romantic evening in the city that never sleeps!
Click Travel Agencies to see the providers in other countries
1) If you really want to impress your partner with some delicious Italian food, you have got to visit restaurant Gigino, which is located at 20 Battery Pl, New York. They have a great outdoor terrace, where you have a great view of the Hudson river and the Statue of Liberty. The personnel is friendly but still very professional. They serve anti pasta, soup, pasta, salads, fish, chicken, and for the kids they have special children s menus. If you have special wishes for your food, just ask the chef, and in most cases he will be happy to oblige. You can check the menu, by clicking here. You can reserve a table well in advance of course, and you can also host a private event there(like a wedding?).
2) Another great restaurant to try out for a romantic diner, is of course Philip Marie, which is located at 569 Hudson St, New York. They have a special Wine Room for 2, so perfect for a romantic date! They have a very varied menu, which includes steak, salads, oysters, lobster, and chicken, but you can read the rest of the menu by clicking here. Just as at Gigino, you can also host private events, or join one of the events hosted there. We could tell you how great the food tastes, and how great the atmosphere is, but instead we will redirect you to their own website by clicking here, where they show you real testimonials from people who went there for a great dinner night! Before we forget, they also got some excellent wines to choose from!
3) If you are Vegan, you should definitely try out Candle 79, which is located at 154 East 79th Street at Lexington Avenue, New York. They offer a wide range of seasonal organic food, prepared by the chef, who uses local Eco-friendly products. The atmosphere is great for a romantic evening with your partner, and you can choose from a varied menu. The menu consists of, among other things, pastas, salads and vegetables. You can watch the entire menu by clicking here. They also arrange special events with fully customizable menus, and catering off site.
4) If you are not afraid of heights, you should try out restaurant Robert NYC, which is located atop The Museum of Arts and Design at 2 Columbus Circle, New York. You have an amazing view of Central Park and Broadway, while enjoying a nice romantic dinner with your partner. The restaurant is very modern, so very popular among young couples. The price-quality ratio is good and the personnel is friendly and professional. The menu consists of salads, pastas, fish, poultry, and meat. For Appetizers, you can choose from Salmon, mussels, shrimp, watermelon and tuna for example. You can check the entire menu by clicking here, and then choose Menu in the top bar.
5) Last but not least we want to recommend restaurant August, located at 791 Lexington Avenue (between 61st and 62nd Streets), New York. The atmosphere is great, thanks to the romantic garden, and very informal, so great for a romantic dinner with your partner. They serve excellent food in a cool and sophisticated decor. The menu is varied, with the emphasis on pan-European dishes. You can choose from fish, fowl, meat and sundry, and start off with a great appetizer like, soup, salad, mushrooms, or steamed mussels. You can check the entire menu, by clicking here.
We hope you enjoyed this list, and that you especially enjoyed eating at one of these restaurants of course. So let us know how it went in the comments, and if you have any other suggestions for good romantic restaurants in New York.
Check out our USA holidays page, and book your next holiday to New York, safe and secure online!