Are you staying in San Francisco during your USA holiday, or do you live in San Francisco and do you want to surprise your partner with a nice romantic dinner for 2?
Click Travel Agencies ASA to see the providers in other countries
Especially for you, we created a list of 5 of the most romantic restaurants in San Francisco for you to choose from. This means, you don’t have to go through all the restaurants in San Francisco to look for a nice romantic restaurant, because we did all the work for you, which means you can spend more time with your partner during your date 🙂 So with further ado, lets look at the list.
1) One of the most well known chefs in the USA, opened his own restaurant in 1999 in San Francisco at 800 North Point at Hyde Street. Restaurant Gary Danko became an instant hit, and has won several Mobil 5 star ratings in the last couple of years. Although the food is pricey, the quality is absolutely amazing. He uses the best ingredients for his menus, and his well trained staff will make sure you will enjoy an unforgettable experience.
The restaurant is divided into 2 elegant rooms with banquette seating, which provides both luxury and comfort. The Pin Point lighting in the restaurant, creates a dramatic back drop for your dinner experience. You can enjoy lively, seasonal dishes prepared with a careful eye toward classical technique. On the menu you will find fish and seafood, meat and Game Birds, and a fine selection of cheeses. You can choose between a 3, 4 or 5 course dinner. Click here if you want to check out the menu. So if you really want to impress your partner with some amazing food and an unforgettable experience, make sure you reserve a table at Restaurant Gary Danko.
2) If you and your partner love Greek food, you should really try out restaurant Kokkari Estiatorio, which is located at 200 Jackson Street. As soon as you enter the restaurant, it feels like you have been transported to Greece, with an inviting fireplace (Where the meat is roasted on 2 spits), extensive woodwork, hand-made pottery and freshly picked flowers as decor. The restaurant is divided into several areas, with the 2 main dining areas Saloni and Kouzina for the regular guests. They also have 2 private dining rooms for parties. The Hania dining room, is located downstairs and can accommodate 10 people. The Oenes room, which is next to the Kouzina dining area, can accommodate 30 people, so great for a corporate or family dinner. They also have a chef’s table at the Kouzina dining area, which can accommodate 24 people and is ideal for a family dinner.
The staff will make sure that you will enjoy an unforgettable experience, with delightful food which is beautifully presented. Because its usually very crowded at the restaurant, make sure that you reserve a table well in advance. The menu consists of fresh salads and feta cheese for starters, and the main menu consists of seafood and game. So check out the rest of the menu by clicking here, and we are sure you want to come back for more after your first dinner date here!
3) If you are both more into Italian food, there are only a few places to go, and restaurant Allegro Romano is one of those. Its located at 1701 Jones St on the Russian Hill, and its a tiny restaurant which can only seat 30 people, so make sure you make reservations in advance. When you enter the restaurant, it feels like you walked in to a local restaurant in Rome. The atmosphere is amazing, and perfect for a romantic dinner with your date. The restaurant is also very popular among celebrities like Brad Pitt, Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, and Ben Stiller, just to name a few.
The staff is friendly and attentive, and owner/chef Lorenzo is truly hands on, when it comes to satisfying his customers. The food is absolutely to die for, and the menu consists of pasta, anti pasta, meat, fish and fresh vegetables. Click here for the complete menu (click on the menu button on the top right on their website). So why not do yourself and your date a big favor, and book a table right now!
4) For a good seafood restaurant, you need to visit the Anchor Oyster Bar, which is located at 579 Castro Street, and has been around since 1977. This is also a small restaurant, with just a few seats and a bar. But don’t let the small size fool you, because they serve the best clam chowder and Oysters in town! The food is always fresh and delicious, and the service is good and professional. The menu is small and consists of fresh fish and seafood, and you can check the entire menu by clicking here. You can’t reserve a table at the Anchor Oyster Bar, so make sure that you arrive early, else you have to wait in line, which can be a very long line. We hope you will try out this restaurant, because it will not disappoint!
5) If you want to try out something completely different, you should reserve a table at restaurant La Folie, which is located at 2316 Polk Street. This restaurant has been around since 1988, and has received 1 Michelin guide star. The restaurant is divided into a lounge, where you can enjoy a nice drink before or after dinner, the main dining room, and the green room, which can seat 24 guests for parties. They serve french contemporary food, made from local farmers ingredients. The food is presented well in an haute cuisine fashion.
The atmosphere in the restaurant is great with very good service. You can start you dinner off with caviar, and you can choose between a 3, 4 or 5 course dinner. They serve fish, meat, soup and vegetables, and you check the entire menu by clicking here. The food is pricey, but that’s a small price to pay for an unforgettable evening of wining and dining, during your romantic date!
We hope you liked this list of romantic restaurants in San Francisco, so let us know in the comments how your date went! Are you looking for a romantic outing in the Bay Area, why not try out a nice sailing trip down the San Francisco bay!